December is here, and Christmas is right around the corner. Have you given thought about what you want for Christmas or are you looking for gift ideas for someone else who has some fitness goals for 2019? Well, I’ve made a list of a few things I want for Christmas and thought I’d share to help someone else with finding the best fitness gifts for Christmas.
This is the second year of asking for a gold woman’s barbell. Yeah, cause this gal is golden. lol Will hubby find me a gold one? Probably not, but hopefully he will get me a Woman’s Olympic Bar. It’s a bit lighter and slimmer than the standard one. It fits better in my hands, allowing a better grip.
Best Fitness Gifts For Christmas
So, here are my ideas of the best fitness gifts for Christmas to finish decking out our home gym.
- New workout gear. I have a VIP membership to purchase near gear every month. Kind of hoping the kids will log in and order me an extra workout outfit for Christmas. Sure you can work out in anything, but having the proper fit in certain clothing makes life way easier.
- Dumbbell rack. It’s time to get the weights off the floor. Now that we have a workout room in our house and we are staying for longer than ten months it’s time to finish decorating the entire house. And I think it would be great to have the home gym set up as a real gym. Having the weights on the rack also eliminates us having to squat to pick them up and will help ensure we don’t stub our toes.
- Five Finger shoes. They seem cool, so I want to try them for running. A lady who I worked out with while living in Hawaii owned a pair. She shared different benefits of running in them and how they feel like you’re running barefoot.
- Food vacuum seal bags. There’s a goal to add more fruits and veggies to our diet. We waste a lot of fruits and veggies in our house. Heck, we waste lots of food in general. The idea is to make breakfast smoothies because I’m not a big breakfast eater. Plus we enjoy smoothies after a good workout. Not much of a post workout shake gal, but a good ole smoothie packed with good protein-rich foods is in order. And since I received a sealer to try out for my other blog, I’m now hooked!
- Kettle Bells. The ones we have are too heavy for me. Sure, using dumbbells work, but I’m ready to deck out the home gym with the equipment we all can benefit from. We’re in it to win as a family! I love a good kettlebell workout. Make sure you use proper form though. I took myself out for a few weeks from doing kettlebell deadlifts. It was my fault. Wasn’t watching my form because it was a light weight day and I had the attitude of, “oh, this is easy.” Always practice the proper form and take your time when lifting.
- Row Machine. We have a spin bike and my hubby loves it. My first experience with a rowing machine was a love/hate relationship, but once it became part of the workout, it became one of my favorite cardio workouts.
- Slam Ball. Ok, this was my way of releasing lots of frustration. It gave a full body workout indeed. Working out with a slam ball works your core, legs and great for cardio too. And did I mention great for releasing frustration?
My list isn’t too bad, so let’s see what Santa brings me. Oh, a girl setting fitness goals and staying the course needs some great swag too. Something to remind me about staying focused on my goals for 2019!Do you have fitness goals planned for 2019? What’s on your list to help you achieve those fitness goals?